Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
shadowrider

shadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond repute
my first mod on the zuk

well i did my first mod on the zuk and to add its the first mod i have ever done on any vehicle i now have removable doors

took me about 6 cut-off disks on my dremal and a thread you all have here on the forum but i got it and it works great first shot came off fairly easy to i am very pleased with it and the reinstall of the doors sweet they go right back on no fighting at all i shaved the pin and wa-la here is a pic of how it came out

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

shadowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
samnation

samnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond reputesamnation has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet! Your son seems to really like it.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
shadowrider

shadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond repute
oh yea he is so much into it he has been up my butt wanting the doors off since i showed him pics of some of the rigs on here and he just thinks he is hot stuff in it now all 3 of my kids love it they all want the top off doors off and go mudding man i got some awsome kids love how they are so interested and thinks its so much fun

this pic was taken the second i got the doors off he jumped in and was ready to go

Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
JasonR

JasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond reputeJasonR has a reputation beyond repute
My the looks of those kiddos, looks like the next mod is a full, family cage. I have three kids also and my cage has worked for me twice now.

JasonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
now , was it worth buying Kenny ?

your hooked !

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
shadowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoybox View Post
now , was it worth buying Kenny ?

your hooked !

yes it was thanks for getting me into them i think this has been the best 900 bucks i have spent in yrs i think it was well worth the 3 wheeler buy far oh yea im hooked alright haha it sits there in the drive way and it drives me frickin nuts i got the doors off and had to take it out for a spin with the kids and ya know what i prefer to drive the zuk over the exsplorer anyday

Old 05-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
shadowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonR View Post
My the looks of those kiddos, looks like the next mod is a full, family cage. I have three kids also and my cage has worked for me twice now.

yes i wanna do a full cage on the inside i been looking around for differant ideas on this but dunno where to look

where did you come up with the idea for yours and do you have some pics of it i could look at?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
Marc017

Marc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet! One of the best mods i've done. Plus its free!
rock4x fab sells a nice 4 seater cage that has been proven. Some pictures of them holding up somewhere on the forum just recently

www.crossedupcustoms.com
Marc017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
shadowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc017 View Post
Sweet! One of the best mods i've done. Plus its free!
rock4x fab sells a nice 4 seater cage that has been proven. Some pictures of them holding up somewhere on the forum just recently
yea i been reading some posts on the cage i also been looking into buying a tube bender and possibly trying to create my own cage i saw the price of them cages and i dont have the money for anything like that got a fam of 5 on 1 income so money is tight to be able to buy me a full cage would have to wait till tax season
but with me doing tats here n there is how ima be able to do little odds n ends getting things and what not so its gonna be a while before i can do to much to this little zuk but all in time i supose

right now im working on the body getting all that blue off and fixing what needs to be fixed with the body then paint that also i have to sandblast the whole under side ...the frame i mean so that dadstoybox can take a good look at whats going on with that see if ima need new parts or not but its in the worx im stoked about the whole thing the doors being off is so much funner

Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
You can't buy a bender, die, and tube and build your own cage for what you can buy one for already done.
If you want to DIY, find someone with a bender and see if they'll let you borrow or rent it.