Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Zuki Gatherings and Events > Trail Reports and Ratings
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Trail Reports and Ratings Adventures in wheeling. Tell us about your last trip!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Rocfrog

Rocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond repute
A little test run!

It's official, Kermit has been back on the trail!!!!! I went out and did a "test run" out on Chinamans Gulch in Beuna Vista CO. It was a GREAT day and despite the few issues he had Kermit did GREAT!!! I ended up busting the DIY extended slip yolk I made, then i sheered off the "mounting" bolts for the driver side hub, then the rear slip yolk ujoint started to go. But it drove the whole trail under it's own power, never had to pull cable (other than to pull a Heep off a rock) and despite all the snow and ice he went almost every where I pointed him! I definitely need to get use to those low gears, 1st gear 4lo is almost useless! LOL!!

Anyway we all love pics so here are a few of my favorites. not too many from me because I have gotten any from the others that went so these are just mine.

How the day started

1st little rock pile

The "Rock Garden"

One of my favorite pics of the day!

The "Whale Tail"

The next rock pile

Coming back down the back side.

and then finally back at the parking lot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps726d7c98.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps3cd58dfd.jpg

Here's a link to the whole album, I cant wait to see the pics from the others on the trip!

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...lch%2002_09_13

Nick
1988.5 Samurai, 6.5:1 t-case gears, 5:12 gears, welded diffs, ZOR Subspeed Front bumper, Homemade rear bumper, Swift FI, ZOR "thong" and "T-Bra" and "Boobie Hoops", highly modded Mighty Kong T-case bucket, Sky Manf. Axel trusses front, Shaved diffs front, and ZOR crabs. 4link in the rear with Kick rear axel and kick rear springs.

Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
ecoast

ecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond repute
looks great; thanks for sharing
what the hell you lookin' down here for?

ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
farmersmalls

farmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond reputefarmersmalls has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice Oh how I miss COlorado!
farmersmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
CspgsZuk

CspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCspgsZuk has a reputation beyond repute
Nick, good to see you're back on the trail. I have a broken timing belt I haven't gotten
to because of the cold. Need to do some body work on the right windshield frame so I can
get a new windshield in there. The polyshield one is getting pretty hard to see thru.
Neale
CspgsZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
slowNgo

slowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond reputeslowNgo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmersmalls View Post
Looks nice Oh how I miss COlorado!

Me too brother!!

Round vent tin top.. Come getcha some, son!!
slowNgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
billsbar

billsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond repute
very nice
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- President Ronald Reagan

Spell check people it's free
Proof reading your posts can even help people with the grammers skills of a pet rock.
billsbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Rocfrog

Rocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CspgsZuk View Post
Nick, good to see you're back on the trail. I have a broken timing belt I haven't gotten
to because of the cold. Need to do some body work on the right windshield frame so I can
get a new windshield in there. The polyshield one is getting pretty hard to see thru.
Neale
Neale, good to see your still around! That sucks about the timing belt and the windshield. That's one of the reasons why I haven't gone poly, afraid of it getting to cloudy to see out.

Nick
1988.5 Samurai, 6.5:1 t-case gears, 5:12 gears, welded diffs, ZOR Subspeed Front bumper, Homemade rear bumper, Swift FI, ZOR "thong" and "T-Bra" and "Boobie Hoops", highly modded Mighty Kong T-case bucket, Sky Manf. Axel trusses front, Shaved diffs front, and ZOR crabs. 4link in the rear with Kick rear axel and kick rear springs.

Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote