Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Zuki Gatherings and Events > ZookiMelt 2014
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

ZookiMelt 2014 The off-road gathering featuring mild-to-wild trail runs, rally, rock-crawl, RTI, raffle, trophies, food, & friends.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Metal Head
Banned

Metal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these parts
So about Zookimelt...

There sure hasn't been a lot of talk about it, did the other event the same weekend sort of mask all the hubbub about it? How was the turn out? Did it suck overall? I haven't really heard much talk about it since it's been over.

I've decided no matter what I'm not missing it next year, (unless they have it somewhere a billion miles away) but if it's dying out and not such a big deal anymore I'll stay home.
Metal Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
purevil71

purevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Head View Post
but if it's dying out and not such a big deal anymore I'll stay home.

Hush your mouth before I come over there and lay a whoppin to ya!!

As far as I know it's not dying. Yes, attendance has been down a little bit the last couple of years, but I'm doing my best to grow the event back to what it used to be. Gas prices have been high, and we just weren't getting the publicity support from the park like we wanted. Hard to believe, but not everyone that attends the Melt is on FB or here or the other Suzuki web sites. A lot of them call and check in with the park, and when they tell people "we have no idea what you are talking about" people tend to not show.

It is moving, but I fully intend to keep it a Mid-West event, so just stay tuned at to where it will be. I'm going to be checking a lot of places out in the next few months and hope to have a park nailed down soon.

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
purevil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
cincy_kick

cincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond repute
no offence evil but we heard that last year

90 sami 1.3 fi. 4" spua lift, 512rp, spoled rear,31 mudders, neon seats, ZOR front bumper, rear ZOR bumper and tire carrier, ZOR aluminum dash. and ZOR BIGuns
96 tracker/kick: 16v,3spd auto, hard top, 2" spacer lift,30" buckshot mudders on outlal1 rims, daily driver
95 4dr kick 5speed,k&n filter, 2 inch body lift,2 inch spacer lift, raised tank, 31"mudders, ZOR front W/ 8000# smittybuilt, custom rear bumper
cincy_kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
purevil71

purevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kick View Post
no offence evil but we heard that last year
Yea I know, I gave them the benefit of the doubt last year and that was my fault. This time, not so much. There are plenty of other parks out there that would love to host this event, and help out with it. So we shall find one!!

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
ecoast

ecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond repute
I am hoping you can find a spot in Ohio; it's REALLY far to western Indiana, !

I'd like to attend...been going to zuwharrie and gon'zukin for a couple now.
what the hell you lookin' down here for?

ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #6
panzer

panzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond reputepanzer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
I am hoping you can find a spot in Ohio; it's REALLY far to western Indiana, !

I'd like to attend...been going to zuwharrie and gon'zukin for a couple now.
LOL really far to western indiana?...hell for me its really far to eastern Ohio

LOL

I too would love to keep it in the mid west!!!

would be sweet to have a park on the east side of indiana and the west side of ohio...kind of meet in the middle.....you know about in the middle of the state between KY and Michigan.....now that would be nice for everyone

We're not offroading.... We're just looking for our sheep!!

panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
truk

truk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond repute
well black magic and his son ,sherman and i are going to big rock soon . ill check it out let you guys know. from what i see camping might be only problem. thanks matt

91 tracker calmini 6 inch lift kit, widened front end, toyota cv joints and lockout hubs,33x12.5x 15 tsl super swampers.5spd, 4.24 transfer case gears. super light body!!
truk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
cincy_kick

cincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond repute
has any one been to the dirty turtle

90 sami 1.3 fi. 4" spua lift, 512rp, spoled rear,31 mudders, neon seats, ZOR front bumper, rear ZOR bumper and tire carrier, ZOR aluminum dash. and ZOR BIGuns
96 tracker/kick: 16v,3spd auto, hard top, 2" spacer lift,30" buckshot mudders on outlal1 rims, daily driver
95 4dr kick 5speed,k&n filter, 2 inch body lift,2 inch spacer lift, raised tank, 31"mudders, ZOR front W/ 8000# smittybuilt, custom rear bumper
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
purevil71

Quote:
has any one been to the dirty turtle
Going next month...gonna wheel with the owner and check the park out.

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
Old 09-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
67fastback

67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by purevil71 View Post
Going next month...gonna wheel with the owner and check the park out.
Gets My Vote!!!

You dont draw in the big rock bouncing buggies( Tanner family) on bounty hills for nothing!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...tleOffroadPark

Tell Joe Hey!!!

-------------
84 Honda cr60r - for sale
87 Honda 200sx - for sale
67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
87 sami - "SPLAT"
87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

67fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
myfastrx7

myfastrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
dirty turtle gets my vote!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #12
purevil71

Looks like a nice place. Only concern I have is the camping, or lack of camping for the RV types.

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
67fastback

67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by purevil71 View Post
Looks like a nice place. Only concern I have is the camping, or lack of camping for the RV types.
THERE ARE FLAT SPOTS TO PULL RV in there JUST BRING YOU GENERATOR...

-------------
87 sami - "SPLAT"
88 sami - "Squirt"

Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
ack

ack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond repute
ZookiMelt 2013....

Today, I picked the week after the 4th of July on the department vacation pick list....

This means that I CAN go.

Beware though, I have discovered Plasti Dip... Who knows what the HypnoToad may look like by then.

And, I STILL have Vera, the Tee-Shirt cannon...

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop
'16 Ford Flex Limited AWD "Uber-mobile"
http://www.acksfaq.com

ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
redbeard
costume time.

redbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond repute
get er done ack

Samimog,
50 pounds of parts crammed on a 10 pound rig

wish me luck

co-owner mega camper

www.facebook.com/2tribesevents
PIE

WTSS forever
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
Airbornejordan

Airbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond reputeAirbornejordan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack View Post

Beware though, I have discovered Plasti Dip... Who knows what the HypnoToad may look like by then.
Sweet. That stuff is great. You rig will submarine mode.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #17
cincy_kick

evil do you have dates yet????

Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
purevil71

Quote:
evil do you have dates yet????

July 11, 12, 13...4th is messing us up again this year.

And Joe is bending over backwards to work with us on this, so PLEASE let's make it a great turn out!!

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #19
crazyatvn

crazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond repute
Hope he gets the electric sites up and running or the wife and kids will not coming.
crazyatvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #20
cincy_kick

so are we goimg to the badlands or what????

Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #21
crazyatvn

crazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond repute
Nope dirty turtle
crazyatvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #22
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyatvn View Post
Hope he gets the electric sites up and running or the wife and kids will not coming.
^This
Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #23
truk

truk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond reputetruk has a reputation beyond repute
i have a 6500 watt generator that im planning on bring and will share if gas cost is shared! i also have the generator in the mh if i can get it to run. i tihkn toilets were a concern also i say port a pots .

91 tracker calmini 6 inch lift kit, widened front end, toyota cv joints and lockout hubs,33x12.5x 15 tsl super swampers.5spd, 4.24 transfer case gears. super light body!!
truk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #24
67fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk View Post
i have a 6500 watt generator that im planning on bring and will share if gas cost is shared! i also have the generator in the mh if i can get it to run. i tihkn toilets were a concern also i say port a pots .
I got 5000 gen too so...

-------------
87 sami - "SPLAT"
88 sami - "Squirt"

Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
purevil71

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk View Post

Joe is planning on bringing in a portable shower house, as well as having plenty of porta potties.

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai