Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Build-up Garage
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Build-up Garage Showcase your build up! If you are building it, we want to see it!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
charlie

charlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to behold
my little project that i just finished

here is a project i started about a year ago and now is done. its an 87 samurai with a whole lot of the body choped off. drivetrain wise it has a small block 400, th400, np205 t-case. i did all the work in my little garage from the chopping to the links to the cage. it has a superwinch 8500 on the front and for now just 35's, tryin to find some decent 38's. most of the brackets are from ballistic fabrications, the axles: front c10 bolt and the rear has a 12 bolt with both having chrome alloy axles . it has full hydro steering with 3.8 turns lock to lock. now here are the pics.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
oldzuki

oldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good, ain't hurtin' for horsepower for sure.

Not that I'm a master fabricater, but I sure am concerned about that center link mount in the rear. That seams like alot of leverage for two weld points.

WELCOME TO THE SITE!

Where is Concan?

oldzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
charlie

charlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to beholdcharlie is a splendid one to behold
im down in southwest texas, i dont thing the rear setup is goin to be too much of a problem, i have done some pretty nasty touque test and it has held up just great, the reason i built this thing is cause i live only about 20 miles from a place called trees ranch (www.treesranchoffroad.com) the largest off road park in texas.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Gearhead61

Gearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice ride! What keeps the hood from flying up though?

87 Sammi. SOA, 31s, and some "custom" bodywork. Big plans and a small budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzukr View Post
i'd sell the wife if the zuk said so.
Gearhead61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
charlie

im using the old school jeep hood latches, they should be here tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
charlie

where u live in college station gearhead, i graduated A&M in 02 lived right off of harvey mitchell on the southeast side.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Torque testing?

you meen flogging on it up and down the road?

you got some serious axle seperation on those rear links,youve created alot of extra leverage going against you on the upper rear mount.

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
charlie

no put it on a dyno and did a 2500lb load at about 3500rpm's, with that seperation i have zero squat. it is dead even when i take off.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
oldzuki

oldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond reputeoldzuki has a reputation beyond repute
Always good to have another Zuk on the trails. Look forward to meeting you!

oldzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
Nuts

Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond reputeNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldzuki View Post
Looks good, ain't hurtin' for horsepower for sure.

Not that I'm a master fabricater, but I sure am concerned about that center link mount in the rear. That seams like alot of leverage for two weld points.

WELCOME TO THE SITE!

Where is Concan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
Torque testing?

you meen flogging on it up and down the road?

you got some serious axle seperation on those rear links,youve created alot of extra leverage going against you on the upper rear mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
no put it on a dyno and did a 2500lb load at about 3500rpm's, with that seperation i have zero squat. it is dead even when i take off.
Those guys are right, thats alot of force being put on 2 spots. A dyno won't come close to showing the forces put on it when you're climbing a steep hill and bouncing. Even if the welds hold,the center section on that axle can rotate on the tubes, then you're really screwed
Old 12-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
TinZuke

TinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond reputeTinZuke has a reputation beyond repute
i had a rear truss with 6 mounting points and cracked every point. Im not gonna say i think thats gonna be an issue i will gaurantee you that you will either twist, crack, or rip it clean off the axle unless you drive like my grandma, but even she can has a heavy foot from time to time.
TinZuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #12
kabob

kabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the site, as soon as i get my junk rolling again Im sure we will meet out at trees its on the top of my where to wheel list

Ok as far as what everybody else says I would tend to agree you might want to add some gussets on your rear upper mount..... Ok what kind of link set up is on the front I dont see a track bar am I just not seeing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephrael View Post
This is the greatest thread in the history of threads. Thank you guys so much.

kabob is offline   Reply With Quote