Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Zuki Gatherings and Events > Meetings and Wheeling Trips
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Meetings and Wheeling Trips Post upcoming Meeting & Trips in your area.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
JPR Ram

JPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond repute
March 15 thru 21; Moab, Utah

During the week of March 15 thru March 21; just before Jeep Easter Week, a buddy and I will be heading out to Moab to do some wheeling. Is anyone else interested? So far it'll be one decently built TJ and my Samurai.

Also, for you guys that have been there, we're looking for recommendation's of camp grounds that are "offroad folk" friendly. Both of us drive 3/4 or 1 ton trucks with slide in campers and flatbed trailers for the rigs.

As mentioned before, if anyone else is up for the trip, please let me know.
1985 Samurai LWB (Canadian Model): 1.6L 16v EFI, 6.5 Transfer case, Toyota's with 5.29's, ARB's, Longfield Dirty 30's, Front YJ's with stretched front, Swing Arm (1-Link) Rear with 14" Coils, 37" Krawler's mounted on Raceline Bead-lock Wheels.
JPR Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
JPR Ram

JPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond reputeJPR Ram has a reputation beyond repute
No one has any advise for us?? I was hoping someone had something to say about camping arrangements............
1985 Samurai LWB (Canadian Model): 1.6L 16v EFI, 6.5 Transfer case, Toyota's with 5.29's, ARB's, Longfield Dirty 30's, Front YJ's with stretched front, Swing Arm (1-Link) Rear with 14" Coils, 37" Krawler's mounted on Raceline Bead-lock Wheels.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
crisbee1

crisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond repute
The last 3 trips I have stayed at condos or hotels, Before that I always camped "Behind The Rocks" No recent camp trips. Rockmike has the camp gig dialed IIRC.
crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
JPR Ram

cool. Thank you.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
crisbee1

crisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Ran Seven Mile Rim for the first time this last trip will be doing that again, packed a lunch and spent the entire day up there.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
dogonmut

dogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisbee1 View Post
Ran Seven Mile Rim for the first time this last trip will be doing that again, packed a lunch and spent the entire day up there.
That was a good day.

The last several times I've been to Moab I shacked up at a condo or hotel.

The cost difference of staying in a condo with 2 others is way cheaper then a hotel. Camp grounds in Moab these days charge nearly what a hotel charges if you get a spot with power & water. The cost difference of staying in a hotel also gets off set by fuel savings since you're not toting the camper.

Don't get me wrong, I love being remote and living out of my cabover, but for the cost and convenience of staying in a motel or renting a condo when going to Moab, I'll never camp there again.

My 2.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
jrnm

jrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond repute
Moab Rim has been a good campground, seems like Canyonland maybe another place we have stayed, when you call check and see if they will let you work on your rig, many motels, condos won't allow you to work on them in their parking lot, some have a specific place for that also. Moab Rim is close to downtown and close to fuel and parts stores.

We maybe there around that time as well, not sure of plans yet.

Proud builder of the one and only SUZUKI NADA JEEP.

"Stercus accidit"
jrnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
JPR Ram

Thank you for the reply's. Food for thought. We picked those dates based on weather conditions and on wanting to run TDS Desert Safari on the first weekend of March and with not wanting to deal with the crowds of Jeep Easter Safari at the end of March.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Bowie Kid

Bowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond repute
If I can keep my junk going I would really like to go on this, provided you don't lead me off the trail again. I keep tearing my junk up faster than I can fix it.
1990 Diahatsu Rocky 1.9td, Track/kick trans-tcase, 4.24's, Toys, yj's, front m/l shackle reverse, 33's, built in the ZOR shop.

[/IMG]
Bowie Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #10
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Like JOe said Moab rim is a good spot they will let you work on the rigs if needed.Great people there.Some complain about hiway noise at that camp...yeah I heard it,not that bad IMO besides after a day of wheelin I sleep like a rock!I hear nothing...

There showers where always very clean.

We stayed @ the Portal camp ground also...nicer place,very nice camp ground.The people are nice...kinda the preppy type I got some weird looks when I pulled in dragin my fritolay trailer with my crusty old 93 truck good showers,Moab rims are better(more room) I got chewed out just a lil bit one day@ Portal because I was workin on my rig drilling out all my broken hub studs at camp.The guy was friendly about it and I was being conscientious about anyway I wasn't doing it front of my camp I took the rig to the back dirt area and was back there all be myself workin on it.He said "hurry up,clean up your mess and don't do this again please"

One thing I learned from my trips to Moab and staying at camp grounds,this is small and trivial but comfort is important...right?The shower matts in all these places are HARD!,POKEY MFR's bring a shower mat to use.This written from a guy with sissy ass soft feet

Enjoy

Cliff hanger,Hells revenge are fun ,Moab rim on a clear night is so amazing to do some star gazing If you havnt run Moab rim do it in the day time first!!!!!! and go slow and watch!! your lines man.Very tricky trail coming down will upset your suspension and put you on your roof real quick if your lucky Everytime Ive run that trail I have found a rig on its lid or side from coming down to fast.

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #11
ecoast

ecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond repute
I was telling swmbo I have to get back out there; diesel is under 3 bucks atm; but spring is my 'busy' season

...just started building a firewall buggy--doubt I'll be done with that one, but always have the zuk...decisions.

Did not realize you can't work on your rig in the cg; what is the situation with a condo/hotel?

2100 miles / 31 hours
what the hell you lookin' down here for?

ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #12
crisbee1

We stayed here http://moabrents.com/site/
3br washer, dryer, santefe tile full kitchen beautiful condo. 2 car garage with 2 car concrete pad in front. more than enough room for tow pigs and trailers on the street within view of the condo. Garage had a large trash cans with bags and rags. do waht you want don't leave a mess. never met the agent, key was under the mat. this is where I will stay from now on . Instead of camp gear I can haul spares a cooler and clothes and cruise 70-75 the whole way.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #13
dichdoc

dichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond reputedichdoc has a reputation beyond repute
I'm planning on heading down the 8th through the 14th of March so I'll just miss you. We move camp every couple of days. sand Flats recreation area above town has some nice dry spots and fins and things and Hells Revenge is right there. Then we cruise into town to Moab Valley RV park and shower and hit the pool. Travis
Old 03-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
hughmungas

hughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond reputehughmungas has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there For the Jeep Safari with my Zuk and Rubicon. I always stay at Spanish Trails. I've done very minor maintenance there without being told to button it up, but I imagine they would frown on axle swaps, etc.. type of work.