Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Zuki Gatherings and Events > Meetings and Wheeling Trips
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Meetings and Wheeling Trips Post upcoming Meeting & Trips in your area.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Jfred

Jfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond repute
Chinaman Gultch Run Oct 12

For all those Zuki fans wanting to run Chinaman Gultch in Buena Vista CO myself and a friend of mine are heading up with our zuks. There may be a few other fellow offroaders but it would be great to get a few more trucks out there.

Feel free to shoot me a PM for more info.
Jfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
Count me in.
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
geckocycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe not so fast. My son is coming to town on the 12th. Don't have all the details yet. Keep you posted.
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Jfred

Jfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond repute
Let me know. It sounds like my friends sami isnt going to be ready but I have a friend coming in his jeep as well. May only be a few trucks as of right now.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
geckocycles

JUst got word that I can pick him up in the Springs after so I am in. So much for campin out that way, going to be a long day.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Jfred

Thats a very long day. You could always camp up there on Friday night. It would be a bit easier on ya. I might be doing the same thing.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
geckocycles

I can stay at a friends in Fairplay or camp if you want to.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
Jfred

I would just stay at your friends cabin in Fairplay. I will probably be only a few miles away as well as for a retreat at a friends cabin as well.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
Jfred

Meeting time is 9:30 at the trailhead. So far it is just me and one other truck plus yourself if you still plan on coming.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
geckocycles

So far so good for me too.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Caboose

Caboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond repute
I still cant find anyone that will tag along with me incase something happens. No answer on a truck/trailer. So as of now its looking grim for me. Thats be a hell of a drive with my 1.3. Id have to leave the night before . But if gecko is going to the springs afterwards id be able to convoy back with him. Im trying, just dont want to be stuck without a "savior" local to me if i break something out there and cant drive home. Guess uhaul always a has a truck and trailer though.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
Jfred

No reason to spend a ton of money to get there. I towbar mine everywhere now since I had to return the trailer I was borrowing. Harbor frieght had it for around $60 plus the light kit. Pull the drive shaft and tug it around. Works great.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
geckocycles

My friend in Fairplay will be in Iceland so I may camp out around there on Fri or just do the marathon drive from Louisville and back through the Springs to pick up my son on the way home. Wouldn't be the first time driving it all in one day either but I ususally am at the trailhead by 8 tho. Making a round trip from the Springs in one day should be a cake walk. LOL I'll certainly make the trip to the Springs with you too. I could even pick you up in the Springs on the way there and caravan together.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
Jfred

Its gonna be around 25 degrees that night so it will be a bit cold. I do want to walk carnage canyon while we are there. For some sick reason I REALLY want to do that section of the trail.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
geckocycles

Andy did it a couple of weeks ago with the big boys from Wy. No body damage but he did take the left side fender flares off. 33's. It scared him to be hanging off the winch at the exit. You are putting alot of trust in a winch and the attachment.
I'm hoping to here back from him to see if he wants to go.

Just got back from Crested Butte area camping. 650 mile Aspen view trip. Woke up with tent covered in ice and snow plus it snowed for the most part of 2 days straight. Got a bit cramped in my one man Gortex tent and Coleman flannel bag! LOL Too much work to setup a 2 man tent in the rain. Still was y inside. Those flannel bags are so comfy but HUGE! I could use some more room in that little tent these days. I'm not 165 any more by a long shot and my pad is probably 10" wider than the foot of the tent.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #16
flashboiler

flashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond repute
My nephew borrowed my trailer... Still have the driveline vib so no way I would drive it that far.

I asked if he will be done with trailer Friday night, if so I'm probably in.
flashboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
geckocycles

NOOOOO! You need to TELL him to be have it back! LOL
You mean all that work and we didn't fix it? WTF!

Last edited by geckocycles; 10-09-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #18
Caboose

Caboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond repute
If I had something to flat tow the sami I'd be all over that. But the girl's pink yeep threw the rod out the block last month and I think she'll be against me using the Kia Forte to flat tow the sami, I'll get back to you on that one though...
Old 10-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
geckocycles

I guess I'm the only dumb ass that drives his Sammy everywhere?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
flashboiler

flashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond repute
Vib is still there. Pretty bad. I think I need to lower the motor and get the intermediate driveshaft input/output parallel again.

Grrrrrrrrr.

That or maybe it's the rear. Maybe a CV shaft in my future. Need to figure out how to oil the pinion shaft at the angle it would need to live at.
flashboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Jfred

I would drive mine everywhere but the 4:16 tcase and 5:12 gearing makes running 60mph at 4k a bit concerning for a 2 hour drive.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
Caboose

Gecko, i actually dd mine . Its not a huge fan pf anything over 55mph though, but thats to be expected. I'm just worried about breaking something on a trail that far away with a plan to get it home. Never have ran it so dont know what to expect besides whats listed on trail damage and some youtubes vids I seen. Still relatively new to samurai's and havent learned the weak spots in my rig or my driving yet. Its a learn as you go thing. Judging by my setup, you guys think I'll be risking breaking anything or am i just being overly panzy and cautious? I dont have my chromo front axles and birfs in yet either.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #23
Jfred

I think your just being a panzy.... LOL! I dont run chromos and I am locked all around.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #24
Jfred

A friend is coming in his 4 door wrangler and he is running open diffs. I think you will be fine but I havent run the trail yet. We will have winches and I can bring my small come along as well if needed.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
Caboose

Ima ask another guy... completely spaced seeing if he'd be interested in going... he'd be plenty capable.