Go Back   Zukikrawlers > General > For the Outdoorsman!
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

For the Outdoorsman! Camping, hunting, fishing, reloading, shooting - whatever you do for outdoor recreation fun.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
talonxracer

talonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond repute
JP Silent Captured Spring buffer

The one complaint I have always had with the AR design was the toy-like sound of the buffer spring sliding in the reciever extension, that sproong twaaang noise.

Now I do not have to listen to that obnoxious noise at all!!!

here it is compared to a rifle buffer and spring

JP's silent captured spring uses a small dia spring around a center shaft that cant contact the receiver extension. I no longer get any ting in the teeth, the action is far quieter and smoother cycling, in fact so smooth that the first time I shot the rifle this morning, I thought it hadnt even cycled the action fully! It does feel like a different rifle when the action cycles.

Install is as simple as pulling the old spring and buffer and installing the JP unit. You can remove the buffer retension pin and spring if you desire, as it isnt needed because it is a captured spring, or you can leave it in without issues.

A spacer is included for use with rifle length extension tubes.

Took a trip to my cousins house this afternoon so I could try it suppressed and there is a reduction in action noise, I bet you could call in multiple yotes at one time and be able to get 2-3 shots off before they scattered.

I had ordered this some time ago and it finally arrived this morning. This afternoon I looked to see if Midway had them in stock and they dont, they must have used their entire order to fullfill backorders, AND their price has risen a fair bit from when I ordered mine, 30$ worth of moving!

MUTANTS for NUKES,,, feel the GLOW !!!

Last edited by talonxracer; 01-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.
talonxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
jrnm

jrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond repute
I have those in 2 of my ar's. It took me 3 months to get mine direct from JP and that was prob 6 months ago.

Proud builder of the one and only SUZUKI NADA JEEP.

"Stercus accidit"
jrnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
talonxracer

talonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond reputetalonxracer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnm View Post
I have those in 2 of my ar's. It took me 3 months to get mine direct from JP and that was prob 6 months ago.
I take it you like them?

MUTANTS for NUKES,,, feel the GLOW !!!
talonxracer is offline   Reply With Quote