Go Back   Zukikrawlers > News > Introductions
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Introductions Welcome to ZukiKrawlers, Say Hello and introduce yourself.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
Grizzly_Adams

Grizzly_Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi I'm new here

Hello Zukers my names Chris and I have a problem.... again.

I had a Zuk for a few years almost 10 years ago I sold it and have regretted it sense. I've been looking for another one for a while now and my buddy found one on the FB Craigslist thing. I knew it was the one as soon as I saw it...

Well it's mine now and the fun begins. Unfortunately my budget and free time dictate that this thing is going to be a slow build. It came to me on a trailer with the engine and trans in the back and the engine in pieces.... po pulled it for a rebuild do to smoke...

I don't intend to run the 1.3 so I'm not even going to bother with it.
My original plan was going to go in stages and hopefully keep it on the road (as soon as I get it on the road) as much as possible during the many stages.
I've changed my mind a little on that, in an effort to not waste any precious time/resources doing things temporarily I'm just gunna build it towards my long term goal right out of the gate.

All that said here's my plan.
I'm going for street legal family crawler/hunting rig
22re w56 dual stock toy cases (might put gears in the rear case eventually)
Land cruiser steering box, cruiser axles (hybrid rear) 4.10's for now hopefully a locker or two when/if I regear.
Toy rears all around (but my buddy and I have been debating linking the rear at least but, that'll be a second stage)
Tires somewhere in the 34"-37" range

Once I make some decent progress I may start a build thread.

Anyway that's my project in a nut shell.
Grizzly_Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
Rastus
OleCoot

Rastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond reputeRastus has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to ZK
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
jplasse

jplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to the build progress and welcome to ZK
87 Zuk, P&P 1.3, .040 9.5 piston, 40mm CV Carb, w/Thorley Header, YJ SPOA Homemade Fr ML's/Rear Shackles, Diff Guards, DT 8000 Shocks, Tracker PS w/ Cooler, Calmini High Steer, 6.5:1 Tcase, Rock4xFab Twin Sticks, RRO Mega Mount, 2" BL, 32" STT's on 15x10 OMF Beadlocks, TT Belly Skid, Homemade Sliders, Homemade Front/Rear Bumpers, 6k Winch, Onboard Air Viair 450C, GM 100 Alternator, LED Rocklights, Thumb Throttle

jplasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
Grizzly_Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplasse View Post
Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to the build progress and welcome to ZK
Where in NorCal JP?
Old 09-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
jplasse

jplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond repute
Jackson..... Foothills. Hour south of Kirkwood down Hwy 88. 45min East of Stockton
87 Zuk, P&P 1.3, .040 9.5 piston, 40mm CV Carb, w/Thorley Header, YJ SPOA Homemade Fr ML's/Rear Shackles, Diff Guards, DT 8000 Shocks, Tracker PS w/ Cooler, Calmini High Steer, 6.5:1 Tcase, Rock4xFab Twin Sticks, RRO Mega Mount, 2" BL, 32" STT's on 15x10 OMF Beadlocks, TT Belly Skid, Homemade Sliders, Homemade Front/Rear Bumpers, 6k Winch, Onboard Air Viair 450C, GM 100 Alternator, LED Rocklights, Thumb Throttle

Old 09-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #6
Grizzly_Adams

Love the area out there, I used to have family in San Andres. But haven't been out that way in a long time.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #7
jplasse

Yea moved to San Luis Obispo for few years but missed the small town and came back in 2005. Fun trails pretty close, snow right up the road. Not much to complain about.

Keep us posted on the build or make a thread in the Build Garage. Its slow around here but we like pictures.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:18 PM   #8
Jarhead

Jarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, sounds like you have a good plan. If you were close to socal i would be able to help you out with a lot of your toyota needs. But if you need some Toyota parts hit me up I might be able to get you a good deal on stuff.
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:16 AM   #9
Grizzly_Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
Welcome, sounds like you have a good plan. If you were close to socal i would be able to help you out with a lot of your toyota needs. But if you need some Toyota parts hit me up I might be able to get you a good deal on stuff.
Rialto is a bit of a drive but, hopefully in the next month sometime I'll be making a pretty good driving loop picking up parts for the build. Getting the 2wd doaner yota outside Modesto then to Fresno to hopefully horse trade some of the stock Zuk parts that I won't need for more Zuk sheetmetal for the body stretch.

Any chance you got a line on a land cruiser power steering box and an fj60(2) front axle do you?
Old 10-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #10
Jarhead

Jarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure I can find the fj60 box. I can get you a fj80 front axle. I also have an elocker and a hipinion elocker if your have any use for those and a non elocker hi pinion diff.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #11
Grizzly_Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
I'm sure I can find the fj60 box. I can get you a fj80 front axle. I also have an elocker and a hipinion elocker if your have any use for those and a non elocker hi pinion diff.
Is the lp Elocker 8" or 9"? I'd like to stick to 9" cause I already have the rear but I was originally planning on running the Sami tcase and would have been fine w/4:10's, now going yota duals I don't need the offset and it'll be cheaper to set up a standard toy axle.... might have to re evaluate that one...
Old 10-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #12
Jarhead

It's 8" but might be able to get the 9"