Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
tommbstone

tommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond repute
2.0 tracker + toyota

So I was baning around the idea of putting in a 2000 2.0 tracker motor in my 85 sami, I have a adapter plate to mount a w56 or may us the l52 yota tranny 5 speed, (cant remember if those are the right numbers as I have both tyranny's), and I already have a doubler yota t case.

But I was thinking!!!! will this work? I don't know if there is a way to adapt the vss to the transfer case? I know the 2.0 can be mounted in with stock Samaria stuff or so I've read. But I was thinking of using this Toyota stuff since I have it and I'm stretching the Samaria anyway so it should all fit.
And I'm using Toyota axles

Anyone done this or can point me to a build thread? I guess worse case I can sell the 2.0 and get a sr22 but I really wanted fule injection. I almost pushed my wifes Jeep off a clift until I did the Howell kit. LOL (yes i said jeep don't kill me, its wifes)

thx guys.

Last edited by tommbstone; 07-10-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: forgot info
tommbstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
jenyus
retarded on the rocks

jenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond repute
Well im not much help other than saying that a w56 with dual cases is only a couple inches longer than the sammy tranny and tcase, that intermediate shaft wastes a lot of space. so you shouldnt need to stretch it at all. what do you mean by vss?

jenyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
It is my understanding that the VSS is mounted on the speedometer end of the cable. Also that the cable is very easily modified, using the Toyota & the stock zuk cable.

Should be the same as anyone who's put the 2.0 or a 16v into a stock zuk, as I don't believe they're using a transfer mounted VSS on those swaps either.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
tommbstone

tommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond reputetommbstone has a reputation beyond repute
Yes jethrobodean I think your correct. After many hours of searching it seems the VSS is no used in this swap.

Jenyus, thx for that bit of info. I took this rig apart 2 years ago and forgot about that long shaft. LOL I'm doing the slayer kit which moves the front 8 inchs and the rear out 24 so I maybe ok.
As far as I can tell i'm miss a fill neck for the tank, the throttle cable and a larger fuel line. Oh and part of the air cleaner. There maybe more as I go on.
I don't know wtf possessed me to do this monster job. I must be nuts.

Thx for the help so far gang.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
tommbstone

Looks like I'm going to have to push the axle back a few more inches to get a 25 inch driveline. Thats still pretty darn short but I think its going to work. Back to the grinder
Old 07-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
jenyus
retarded on the rocks

jenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond repute
Lol yeah my rear is 17in and front is 43. 25 is still longer than stock. My wife's jeep on 38s and 3/4 axles only has a 20in rear driveline

jenyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
tommbstone

Yeah I'm going to extend it so I can have at least 25 inches