Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
zukiWilson

zukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond repute
Super Swamper Radials

Moderators: Feel free to move this wherever... I didn't know where to put it.

I found a set of 36x12.50x15 Super Swamper TSL radials (and some old Chevy 6-lug wheels) with 500 street miles. The guy said he wanted to get $450 out of them and he had pictures. I was going to get some 35" BFG MT or 35" Procomp MT. I'm not going to drive on the street, and if I do it will just be around town in the summer. We do mostly muddy, rocky trails. I'm not a fan of bias ply tires because of flat spotting and balancing issues.

Anyone have any inputs on these tires? I'm pretty sure Danazook runs them.

Here's the pics he posted:

Seem reasonable?
Build Thread
zukiWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
Danazook
Tha Good Hood Killa

Danazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook has a reputation beyond repute
I would buy them!!! I have pretty good luck out of my tires.... They are 36-14.5/15... I am planning on going with irocks when I buy tires next....

But it sounds like a good deal to me!!!
Rig 2
87 Zook, 1.3L EFI, CJ rear/RUF, Missing Links Front & Rear, 5.14:1 Tcase, Toys, 33 TSLs
Daily Driver Project
87 Tintop, 2wd, 1.3L, My-Side, Header
Danazook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
zukiWilson

zukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond repute
I was looking for Irocs, and I was going to pick a set of 36s up for $500 but the bastard backed out on me. Even after I found a Dana 60 for the guy so he could run bigger tires on his YJ.

I think I'm going to get them... Do the sidewalls flex pretty well when they're aired down? Do the sidewalls seem to hold up better than bias ply?
Build Thread
Old 02-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
Zee
Super Moderator

Zee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond repute
I run the TSL radials,only in a smaller size.
With my beadlocks i can run the trails with 4-6 lbs of air with no sidewall problems.
My tires are now on their 3rd rig,a XJ,a TJ,and now a Zuk.
I figure sometime later this yr i will need to replace them.
As to sidewall flex,well you can decide for yourself:
Here is at 10 psi:

This is at 20 psi: forgot to air down until the last trail,only had to use 4 lo on the last trail also,really PO'd the Heeps we were with

Here is some LBT's for comparison.

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
fuctzookis.a.
el diablo

fuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond repute
nice rides
id like to run tsl's i think
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #6
zukiWilson

Okay, I worked out a deal with the guy. $400 for the tires. I'm looking at wheels and how much backspacing would I need to run my Toy disc brakes in the back? I don't want to pay for a set of wheels and not use them. There are 4" and 4.75" backspacing available. Any ideas?
Build Thread
Old 02-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
purevil71

purevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond repute
I have those tires on my . I usually run around 5psi on the trail with no bead locks and have had really good luck with them so far. They are mounted on a set of 15x8 cheepo steel wheels. Someday when I become rich I'll get some bead locks.
Instead of buying new rims with a bigger back space, I got 1.5" wheel spacers. It was actually cheeper for me to do this. I think I paid $120 for a set of 4 spacers. I know not everyone likes spacers, but I've had pretty good luck with them (so far)

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
purevil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #8
zukiWilson

I think wheels will be around $145 + shipping. Not bad at all. I'm going to order 4" bs wheels and see how it goes. I'm hoping I can run the same tire pressure. The sidewalls are supposed to be pretty flexy. I'm pumped!!
Build Thread