Go Back   Zukikrawlers > News > Member of the Month
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Member of the Month Zukikrawlers Member of the Month

Old 09-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
redbeard
costume time.

redbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond repute
20 Questions or so with July MOM 2013

1 Mad Zuk

1) Where are you from, how long have you lived there?
Colton,Ca. (City of many trains) 27 years
2) How long have you been interested in suzuki's and off roading?
Zuks 1986,offroading must if my life.
3) What was your first exposure to off roading?
My Uncle Mike,Azusa canyon. Local mud hole,offroading area.
4) What was your first rig?
1986 soft top, My older Bro bought new( I took over in 88)
5) How long have you had your current rig, and what work have you done to it?
25 years soft top Sitting for a year now.Gathering parts for yoda swap,1.6 8V W/ CV carb.Front tube clip and Trail Tough cap in rear.Hope to strech the frame in rear 20" and front 10"Have 6.5 and hope to install a McFab doubler. YJ's with missing links front and rear. 8 years tin top 1.6 8V CV carb, 6.5,5:13's spooled front/rear. Power steering,YJ's front/rear W/missing links more to,just don't think page is long enough.
6) What was your least favorite upgrade? Did you take it off or are you still running it.
Body lift add a leaf (back in 89)took it off once I discover spring over.
7) Who or what has been your biggest influence? (in any aspect)
My fallin friend "Mad Zuk No Fear" Byron
8) When wheeling are you more likely to camp or stay at a motel?
Camp,My Dad has a motorhome.If not that than tent camp.
9) Do you drive your rig to the trail or trailer?
Flat tow and some times drive depends on how far the trail is.
10) What kind of tow rig do you own, or wish you had?
2007 Chevy Silverado
11) Do you like music on the trail or is the sweet sound of horse power enough for you?
Music is good when I think about it. Most the time listening to the sound of the rig.
12) You are given a trip anywhere in the world for you (your family) and your rig to go. Where would it be to, and what would you do there?
Moab
13) Where is your favorite place to wheel and what is it like?
Have so many places close to me, but love rocks !
14) Does your family enjoy the sport or tolerate your addiction?
My kids enjoy it, got my son his own zuk ( my name is on the pink slip frist). My wife tolerates.
15) What has been your favorite upgrade to your rig?
Tin Top 1.6 8V/CV carb, Soft top will be yodas
16) What advice would you give someone new to the sport?
Ask question to those who have done it. Figure out what kinda of wheelin your gonna do. And build it to that.
17) In your opinion does a title make the rig, or does it have to still be nearly stock to be a Suzuki?
Title, and at least one Zuk part.
18) Us zukikrawlers are the "best" people, that being said what kind of rigs do you normally wheel with?
Mostly Zuks, but we never turn away anbody. You want to wheel with us thats KOOL.
19) What is your best memory of being part of the Zukikralwers family
Meeting some ZK family at a Arizona run.
20) No rig is perfect, so what has been your biggest stuck to date, or trail breakage, and were you able to fix it on the trail?
Rear axle ,Yes fixed it. Broke all 3 t-case bushing and tore driver side mount off frame. Again fixed it and wheeled.
21) The sh*t hits the fan on a global scale. are you more likely to stick around and defend your "space" or head for the hills and live off the land?
Like my Bro said meet at my house,and see where the dust settles. We have enough fire power !!!!!
22) Name anyone past or present you would like to wheel with.
Art Lilley, herd so much about him.
23) Bacon is natures most perfect food. (no question here just a statement I feel should be made more often)
Bacon,everything is better with BACON
24) Which is easier to deal with, A. your rig is broke and you dont have the parts to fix it; B. your rig is fine but you dont have the time to use it?
"A" --B sucks no time to use it.
25) You are handed the "keys" to zukikrawlers what is the first thing you would do?
No much but ZK window banners for all.

Samimog,
50 pounds of parts crammed on a 10 pound rig

wish me luck

co-owner mega camper

www.facebook.com/2tribesevents
PIE

WTSS forever
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
CONGRATS

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
jrnm

jrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond repute
yeah Steve, congrats man...always "no zuks left behind", we may jerk your bumper off, but we will get you out. LOL

Proud builder of the one and only SUZUKI NADA JEEP.

"Stercus accidit"
jrnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
1mad zuk

1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnm View Post
yeah Steve, congrats man...always "no zuks left behind", we may jerk your bumper off, but we will get you out. LOL
Will get you out one piece at a time,if I have to.
1mad zuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats man...

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Nagtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
jenyus
retarded on the rocks

jenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond repute
congrats!

jenyus is offline   Reply With Quote