Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Suzuki Engine
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Suzuki Engine Discuss all your engine questions, troubles, and tech in this area.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
little Loopie

little Loopie is an unknown quantity at this point
Trackick trans on 1.3L

Is this swap doable? I got hosed out of my 1.6 I bought and paid for, now need to get my Sammi on the road ASAP, can I run my conversion kit the other way and fit a 'kick 5spd on my 1.3L motor?

I can rebuild the 1.3L cheaper than a wrecker 1.6 as labor is free (I work at a automotive machine shop )
little Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
You can't use the conversion plate to run a trackick tranny behind a 1.3.
All you need to run the 1.3 and trackick tranny is some pieces to bolt the lower tranny and engine ears together. The ones that you can buy look like really thick "L"s, and will cost you over $50. You can also make some adapters that will do the same thing for not much $$. For the ones I made, I used some flat metal and some thick tubing. If you mate up the engine and tranny, it should be pretty self explanatory on how to make them.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
little Loopie

little Loopie is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet!! Thanks

Motors not out yet or I woulda looked

What clutch/flywheel did you use? S-kick or Sammi?
little Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
Trackick. Heavier flywheel, so it lugs better. And bigger clutch (you can use either the 8V trackick 7.9", or the 16V trackick 8.5" clutch on any 1.6 trackick flywheel).