Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
zukinator

zukinator is on a distinguished road
Question Some Sammi Suspension Questions

Ok, I know some of these questions may have been asked before. But I have some questions, manly referring to leaf springs and suspension. I am buying a new Sammi, 87 soft top, and it will be coming off the road for a year or so wile I do it up, I will keep it off the road until its finished (just driving my other high tin top Sammi round because it looks cool ) so I can do everything right. It will only be used to get to and from the 4x4 tracks and offroading, so say 80% wheeling 20% road, the benefit of having 2, (one for everyday, one for 4x4ing ) so road comfort is not top priority however it can’t be dangerous.

So, my questions

1. When do you want flex over heavy duty when choosing springs? I will be using my Sammi almost all in mud, rivers, banks and gravel. No rock hopping or large drops. So do I need heavy duty stiff springs or flexy springs?

2. What’s the benefits of using YJ springs? Ether in just a pair or all round?

.3 What size lift do I need to put 33 – 35 inch tyres on? Including a body lift? I was thinking SPOA with 2 inch lifted springs, missing link (1 inch lift) shackles and a 2 inch body lift? Giving me aprox 10 inch lift?

4. What is the differences between putting the shocks in the wheel well or underneath the bottom of the truck? Hard to explain… Some trucks have shocks that angle in towards from the centre of the truck out to the axels and some trucks have shocks that are pretty much strait up and down from the wheel well to the axel? Maybe this is the difference between the front and back, just very noticeable in pictures of lifted trucks.

5. What are the best shocks I could use?

6. What traction bars are you guys using to prevent axel wrap with your SPOA conversions?

7. Are there any cons to using missing link/swivelling shackles?

I have more questions; these are good ones to start with though.

Thanks

Hamish
zukinator is offline   Reply With Quote