Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Suzuki Engine
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Suzuki Engine Discuss all your engine questions, troubles, and tech in this area.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
easternzuk

easternzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
new to the forum

hi all i'm new to the forum but not to the samurai's as i've had a few many moons ago . I just had a nice rust free 88 tintop shipped in from AR nicely modded , my question is do i rebuild the 1.3 or i also have a 1.6 8v, going to leave it carbed to make things a little less complicated, thanks for your help, mick
easternzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
jplasse

jplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forums

I personally am still running a 1.3 thats mildly built up and it pushes my 32's ok (stats in signature below).

What is your end goal for the rig for suspension? tire size? use?

It'll help you get a better response on what direction to go. Both engines in need of a rebuild?
87 Zuk, P&P 1.3, .040 9.5 piston, 40mm CV Carb, w/Thorley Header, YJ SPOA Homemade Fr ML's/Rear Shackles, Diff Guards, DT 8000 Shocks, Tracker PS w/ Cooler, Calmini High Steer, 6.5:1 Tcase, Rock4xFab Twin Sticks, RRO Mega Mount, 2" BL, 32" STT's on 15x10 OMF Beadlocks, TT Belly Skid, Homemade Sliders, Homemade Front/Rear Bumpers, 6k Winch, Onboard Air Viair 450C, GM 100 Alternator, LED Rocklights, Thumb Throttle

jplasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
easternzuk

great point , as it is now spring over with 3" springs , 35x10.50 boggers, 4.57 rears,spool in rear and arb in the front, custom bumpers with roof rack,8000 mile marker. the motor is all stock with 105k . i'm changing the tires to 33x12.50's some type of mt radial, adding 6.5 t-case the motor is the main thing most likely rebuild it over the next winter , and yes both engines need a rebuild , also lots of hills around here on and off road, thanks for your help
Old 04-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
easternzuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplasse View Post
Welcome to the forums

I personally am still running a 1.3 thats mildly built up and it pushes my 32's ok (stats in signature below).

What is your end goal for the rig for suspension? tire size? use?

It'll help you get a better response on what direction to go. Both engines in need of a rebuild?
i like everything your rig has
Old 04-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
easternzuk

also i forgot how bad the stock carb is ,gotta go, going to line the tub inside most likely linex
Old 04-12-2018, 12:05 AM   #6
jplasse

jplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond reputejplasse has a reputation beyond repute
You could use the gearing calculator: http://www.acksfaq.com/gearcalculator to get a good idea of where you will be at depending on your final tcase/ring and pinion/tire size and compare it to stock.

If they both need rebuild, the rebuilds should be real similar. All depends on if you go with higher compression pistons, bore it out, cam, header, weber or harley carb. The larger valves of the 1.6 8v head help the 1.3 breathe (have it on my motor).

The stock carb's run decent when operating properly but the harley carb really wakes up the motor. Biggest "seat of the pants" difference, even with a tired 1.3 it woke things up.
87 Zuk, P&P 1.3, .040 9.5 piston, 40mm CV Carb, w/Thorley Header, YJ SPOA Homemade Fr ML's/Rear Shackles, Diff Guards, DT 8000 Shocks, Tracker PS w/ Cooler, Calmini High Steer, 6.5:1 Tcase, Rock4xFab Twin Sticks, RRO Mega Mount, 2" BL, 32" STT's on 15x10 OMF Beadlocks, TT Belly Skid, Homemade Sliders, Homemade Front/Rear Bumpers, 6k Winch, Onboard Air Viair 450C, GM 100 Alternator, LED Rocklights, Thumb Throttle

jplasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
easternzuk

thanks , i'm leaning toward the 1.6 8v with hi comp pistons, header maybe some mild port work ,cam and the myside 2 , thanks for your input
Old 05-08-2018, 02:23 AM   #8
mattXX

mattXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your project
mattXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #9
rovinson

rovinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternzuk View Post
great point , as it is now spring over with 3" springs , 35x10.50 boggers, 4.57 rears,spool in rear and arb in the front, custom bumpers with roof rack,8000 mile marker. the motor is all stock with 105k . i'm changing the tires to 33x12.50's some type of mt radial, adding 6.5 t-case the motor is the main thing most likely rebuild it over the next winter , and yes both engines need a rebuild , also lots of hills around here on and off road, thanks for your help
Any update on your project? My Zuki has BFG MT tires. They handle great in the mud. These bfgoodrich tires are not so loud on the highway. The only con I can say is the price.
rovinson is offline   Reply With Quote