Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 12-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
aaronl

aaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond repute
92 fuel pump compatible with 96 sidekick

Hello everyone...just bought a 92 sami in many many pieces. I have it to the point I was going to put the fuel tank back in and start it up...until I noticed something. The person who took the tank out cut the steel line coming out of the fuel pump going to the filter. This wouldn't be that big of an issue if I could find one. What I did find is a few of them for the 96 sidekick for relatively cheap. One of them I found is Dorman part number 692-019 but I also found them used with the pump and wiring for less than $70. does anyone know if this will fit the samurai tank? Ebay says it won't. Any help is definitely appreciated.
This little expense is really messing with my "honey, but this is a really good deal" logic behind buying this one.

Thanks,

Aaron
aaronl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
The pump hanger for a trackick is shorter than a samurai one. So it won't reach the bottom of the tank. So you will run out of gas (the pump won't be able to pick up gas), before the tank is actually empty.
You can cut and extend the hanger...I've done it before.

The line connection from the pump hanger to the filter should have the same size/type ends, but I think the overall length (the trackick one is shorter) and the shape of the metal end (on the filter end) is different (the samurai one is bent, the trackick one is straight).

The pump itself will fit/work in a samurai tank with a samurai pump hanger (I've swapped them before).
Old 12-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
aaronl

aaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond reputeaaronl has a reputation beyond repute
thanks a ton for the info...thats exactly what I needed.
aaronl is offline   Reply With Quote