Go Back   Zukikrawlers > General > Girls Rock
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Girls Rock This section is for all the ladies in the house. If the guys don't stay out we will make it private for you.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
rockwife

rockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond repute
Next Home Project

Since the "people beneath the stairs" are now gone, we can finally reclaim our basement. Once we get it cleaned up, I can get back on track with my plans. For starters, I'm gonna need a whole lotta (free) pallets made with the thin boards. Gonna use them to make a rough wainscoating all around the main room. Once again, my husband's going to think I've lost my mind! Getting used to it!
rockwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
LiftedZuki

LiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond repute
You're mind cannot be found.. It's lost.
www.lj10.com
LiftedZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
LiftedZuki

LiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.evil-designs.com/blog/201...y-pallet-wall/
www.lj10.com
Old 06-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
rockwife

rockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond reputerockwife has a reputation beyond repute
but not quite what I had in mind. And pretty sure my finished product won't look THAT nice. haha
Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
LiftedZuki

Didn't think so but its made from pallets.

You're talking about using pallets still assembled along the border and maybe put a piece of 1x6 or something as a top so you can set stuff on them and tie them all together
www.lj10.com
Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
Mike said he was building another buggy, you would have to wait

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
rockwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoybox View Post
Mike said he was building another buggy, you would have to wait
Nice try, DTB. Know the guy personally, & he is too wiped out to even think about it!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
rockwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedZuki View Post
Didn't think so but its made from pallets.

You're talking about using pallets still assembled along the border and maybe put a piece of 1x6 or something as a top so you can set stuff on them and tie them all together
Not quite, Spenser. Gonna pop off the boards & nail them to the wall (up & down), then use more for cap & bottom trim. May even take a hammer to them to make them look more rough. Maybe splash a bit of whitewash or grey, weathered stain on them.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
LiftedZuki

That's a good idea. Mine was a bit redneck haha.
www.lj10.com
Old 06-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
he said the basement dwellers are coming back and you would just have to like it.

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #11
LiftedZuki

Is mike gonna fix up the SJ and make you a rig to bash?
www.lj10.com
Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #12
mroggenstein

mroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond reputemroggenstein has a reputation beyond repute
Lifted zuki
Hey love that picture, would have never though of using pallets like that. Now I know how Im going to finish the inside of my patio.
Rockwife
Good Idea. Going to steal that idea if you dont mind.
mroggenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
rockwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoybox View Post
he said the basement dwellers are coming back and you would just have to like it.
You's so funny! You should have heard the conversation of lunch today on that topic!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #14
rockwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedZuki View Post
Is mike gonna fix up the SJ and make you a rig to bash?
YES, the SJ is supposed to be my rig. I've got the original front clip, but it needs a LOT of work!

And it won't be any time soon...we've got wheelin' to do!!!

Last edited by rockwife; 06-16-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
rockwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroggenstein View Post
Lifted zuki
Hey love that picture, would have never though of using pallets like that. Now I know how Im going to finish the inside of my patio.
Rockwife
Good Idea. Going to steal that idea if you dont mind.

I like the pic Spenser posted also; I just have a different picture in my head.

Reuse & recycle was not my original idea, so you're not stealing from me!

I look forward to seeing pics (before & after)!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #16
phloop
Bacon is the answer

phloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond repute
Nice idea you have for those pallets, to bad I didn't know about it earlier this year, we hauled a big azzed pile off from work that I could have grabbed for you.

Union hall 3B

Living life a half bubble off.

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
phloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
Stafford01

Stafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond repute
This sounds like a good project, I will bust out my and for this project.

One of the many Proud sponsors of Crazysami's Great American zuk tour 2011

Stafford01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
rockwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloop View Post
Nice idea you have for those pallets, to bad I didn't know about it earlier this year, we hauled a big azzed pile off from work that I could have grabbed for you.
Phloop, I'm looking for a specific type of pallet (picky me ). If you're familiar with the "disposable" pallets, the top boards are pretty thin, probably only 3/16-3/8" max. These are the type I'm looking for. When they can be found, they are usually free since the pallet reconditioning/reselling guys have no use for them.

I am going to need a LOT of these. The room I'm working with is 53' long by 14' wide. Not sure yet if I'm going to go all the way around the room or one side or long side & ends...??? But if I only go down one long side & est the width of the slats a 3 1/2", I would need 182 slats. Most pallets have 6-8 slats & most of these lighter pallets have broken slats. Unbroken, I'd still need over 30 pallets!

Since we're tied to the store 6 days/week, all available eyes are appreciated!!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #19
phloop
Bacon is the answer

phloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond repute
I know the style you are looking for. About half of those pallets we hauled off were that kind as well as a few crates that had side walls of the same slat's. Talk Rocky into getting a table saw and have him rip the thicker one's down to the size you need.

Union hall 3B

Living life a half bubble off.

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
phloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #20
rockwife

Yuk, sounds like WAY too much work. And wood is NOT his forte! For the most part, I'm on my own with this project. When I get to the brick/stone work, I'll be able to call on his TRUE talents! :-)
Old 06-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #21
LiftedZuki

I'll help . Not into fine wood work but can do some wood work
www.lj10.com
Old 06-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #22
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Im really good at building speaker inclosures and rubbing my weiner on things...thats about the extent of my wood working skilz.

Build ya some cool shit out of rocks and metal tho

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #23
rockwife

Well, some of the "people beneath the stairs" are back. But this time it will be a home. So...the project still lives. Just will have to be sure to have a smoother finish on the wainscoating so the babies don't get splinters. Maybe a rough sanding & whitewash or pickling. Still got to find the pallets.