Go Back   Zukikrawlers > General > Video Alley
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Video Alley This section is for all wheeling videos.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #26
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad reed View Post
Wheres paddy ....?
Busted dude I forgot paddy,im very bad I know...~kicks rock~ I got so deep into getting the cummins truck to run right I totally forgot paddy

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #27
chad reed

chad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond reputechad reed has a reputation beyond repute
Poor paddy , just kicked to the curb and forgotten about ....

Maker of the sheep stick
chad reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #28
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
It's a sad day when one starts neglecting their best sheep......

Weather will be a big issue for us. We'll be bringing the little one along, so a week of cold rain would be bad. Street-ability is also a concern for me. Tires, no lights at all other that offroad lighting, & I don't know how the thing would be at any kind of highway speeds. We're looking for the sight seeing & fun of going there, so wheeling with a smaller rig wouldn't bother us at all.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #29
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad reed View Post
Poor paddy , just kicked to the curb and forgotten about ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobodean View Post
It's a sad day when one starts neglecting their best sheep......
I did bring both dogs this year and they had a blast!

Weather will be a big issue for us. We'll be bringing the little one along, so a week of cold rain would be bad. Street-ability is also a concern for me. Tires, no lights at all other that offroad lighting, & I don't know how the thing would be at any kind of highway speeds. We're looking for the sight seeing & fun of going there, so wheeling with a smaller rig wouldn't bother us at all.
Understood jeff,If a guy went much later your going to run into some hot! weather.I never wore anything more than my greasy carhart hoddie all week and the last two days was t shirt weather

Jeff if you camp in town,you could just hit area 2 trails and theres some great trails in area 2,moab rim,pritchett canyon,cliff hanger and another I cant recall right now.These trails would require very little hiway driving through town,then connect to a lil back road that's paved that runs along the Colorado river(its gorgeous) and access's these trails,go slow don't run the roads with low tires pressure and the cops wont mess with ya...appear to be traveling safe and your golden Drive down town with 4 lbs of air in your tires running with traffic and popo will have a talk with yeah.Common sense prevails

Feel free to pm me if you have questions,maybe we all can get some common ground on what y'all would like to do while there and do a get together in Moab.

A buddy of mine is a hot shotter and is thinking about buying a 53 foot car hauler,he has a XJ and would like to go to Moab with us next spring...if he buys this trailer Ill have him put the fuk on it and ill hual my sidekick and have both rigs there.FWIW side by sides are street legal in Moab mirrors,fenders and top speed limit of 35 mph,same rules fall in for buggies as long as you are on 2 lane hiway.

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #30
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
Need to get on researching it a little better, but Moab is definitely on the wants list for next year.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #31
jrnm

jrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond reputejrnm has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff, most likely any rainy weather in Moab is at most a couple hour event, usually sun out and clearing very quickly. Moab is not known for monsoonal Missouri weather.

Proud builder of the one and only SUZUKI NADA JEEP.

"Stercus accidit"
jrnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #32
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobodean View Post

We camped in a campground on the north end of town and we could drive into town and hit Moab Rim and Pritchett Canyon on the west side and Hells Revenge and Fins and Things on the east side, without having to drive too far, or at high speeds (45MPH max). The bad thing about Pritchett Canyon is you end up way south of town, so the drive back to town is like 10 miles.
If I had to do it again, I'd still drive to all of them except Pritchett Canyon. I'd have a trailer down at the end of it, so I could load and trailer back to town.
Driving through town isn't a big deal. Like Rockmike said, as long as you don't drive like a dumbass through town, the popo shouldn't bother you. I only have headlights and brake lights on my zuk, but I just used hand signals for turning (just in case the popo was watching). We did take a lot of sidestreets, instead of the main drag though town, just to keep out of peoples way and not to attract too much attention.
We saw rigs that were driving through town that were supposedly street legal (they had plates), but they were basically rock buggies...so I guess the street legal laws must be pretty loose in UT.
For the trails north of town (and south, for that matter...like BFE, etc.), there are parking spots off the road that you can park your trailer (you have to pay a daily fee of a few bucks to park north of town anyway...or at least you are supposed to). It saves a lot of highway driving, even though you have the inconvenience of loading and unloading to trailer.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #33
jethrobodean

A little early to say 100% for us yet, but who would be interested in a next year meetup about this time?