Go Back   Zukikrawlers > General > Video Alley
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Video Alley This section is for all wheeling videos.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
Moab 2013 videos

One of my wheeling buddies, Smuz, and I went to Moab in September. Here are some of the videos. One of the LJ guys is also supposed to be sending some pics, so I'll add them, once I get them.

Pics are posted in the following thread...
http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=52463

Skyhiranger-Fins and Things

Smuz and Sky-Fins and Things

Skyhiranger-Hell's Revenge-Tipover Challenge

Smuz-Hell's Revenge-Tipover Challenge

Smuz-Pritchett Canyon-Chewy Hill

Skyhiranger-Pritchett Canyon-Chewy Hill

Smuz-ledge (This was just a random ledge in Pritchett Canyon)

Smuz-Pritchett Canyon-Axle Hill

Skyhiranger-Pritchett Canyon-Axle Hill

Smuz-Pritchett Canyon-Rock Pile bypass

Skyhiranger-Pritchett Canyon-Rock Pile bypass

Smuz-Pritchett Canyon-Yellow Hill

Skyhiranger-Pritchett Canyon-Yellow Hill

Last edited by skyhiranger; 09-03-2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: PB fixed their links
skyhiranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
Skyhiranger-Widowmaker

Smuz-Widowmaker

Skyhiranger's zuk with phantom driver

Skyhiranger-BFE-Green Day ledges

Smuz-BFE-Green Day ledges

Skyhiranger-Steel Bender-The Wall

Smuz-Steel Bender-The Wall

Skyhiranger-Steel Bender-The Fall & up the bypass of The Fall

Smuz-Steel Bender-The Fall

Skyhiranger-Steel Bender-down the bypass of The Fall

Smuz-Steel Bender-Witch's Step

Skyhiranger-Steel Bender-Witch's Step
Old 10-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Jfred

Jfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond reputeJfred has a reputation beyond repute
These videos are awesome!
Jfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
blaster

blaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond repute
cool videos! you Westeners have some great places to ride. I was in Utah & Wyoming this summer and got to see a little of it for myself. even spent the night in Moab. would have liked to do some real trail riding like your videos but because I was in a rental Ford Escape I kept to the mining roads. when I returned the car in Salt Lake City they looked it over real good. it was covered with dust but I didn't put any scratches or dents in it. next time I go out there I will have a proper set of wheels!
blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
skyhiranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster View Post
cool videos! you Westeners have some great places to ride. I was in Utah & Wyoming this summer and got to see a little of it for myself. even spent the night in Moab. would have liked to do some real trail riding like your videos but because I was in a rental Ford Escape I kept to the mining roads. when I returned the car in Salt Lake City they looked it over real good. it was covered with dust but I didn't put any scratches or dents in it. next time I go out there I will have a proper set of wheels!
Keep in mind, we are from the Kansas City area, so it wasn't exactly in our "backyard". LOL. It took us about 20 hours to drive out there. Pulling a trailer, and a 5th wheel and trailer, over and down the mountains takes some extra time.

Last edited by skyhiranger; 10-10-2013 at 09:08 AM.
skyhiranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
blaster

blaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond reputeblaster has a reputation beyond repute
thats a hell of a road trip! looks like a fun vacation. I was amazed at how much land is open to riding. down here we we are really limited by Gov't restrictions and out there I saw Gov't signs welcoming trail riding.
blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
zukijames

zukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond reputezukijames has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! But I've never seen those ledges on greenday and I are it Sunday .. Did you start at the greenday sign?

You guys have some stones I couldn't do all that stuff with such a short wheelbase
Old 10-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
skyhiranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster View Post
thats a hell of a road trip! looks like a fun vacation. I was amazed at how much land is open to riding. down here we we are really limited by Gov't restrictions and out there I saw Gov't signs welcoming trail riding.
What else are they gonna do with land like that? Off road recreation brings millions of dollars a year into the city/county/state, so they would be to not encourage it.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
skyhiranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukijames View Post
Awesome! But I've never seen those ledges on greenday and I are it Sunday .. Did you start at the greenday sign?

You guys have some stones I couldn't do all that stuff with such a short wheelbase
Yeah, we started at the Green Day sign, went up the left side to the top. Then when we came back down off the top, we took the east trail and those ledges were down from the top a little ways. At least I think we were still on Green Day...it gets kinda confusing in places, since the trails aren't real well marked. And Green Day had several "alternate" routes/paths you could take too...so it is easy to miss some ledges.

Some of the places were pucker places. Some thing we didn't even attempt, because of the short wheelbase.
Probably about the scariest one was The Fall on Steel Bender. I don't like dropping the front end off of steep stuff. And with me still being SPUA, I am always worried the front of the springs are gonna dig in and I'll do an endo. IIRC, on that one I did use the brakes, instead of gearing, to slide down. I also had it in 2nd, so I could pop the clutch and hammer the throttle, in an attempt to save it, if it felt like it was gonna go over frontwards.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
crisbee1

crisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond reputecrisbee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics! Skinney swampers and warm rocks woo hoo!
crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
skyhiranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisbee1 View Post
Awesome pics! Skinney swampers and warm rocks woo hoo!
Thanks. But they are actually videos. If you click on them, they will move...LOL.
Pretty much any type of tire works good out there. The rocks have a surface like 80 grit sandpaper. But I do like my skinny tires.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #12
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Some great videos sir.Sure a beautiful area isn't it.Chewy is a tough climb! my first year there we would take the line you where trying.last year a big chunk of rock broke off right where you guys were putting your pass tire...no go! that s steep

jeff and I went all the way to the left and had to air down to 4psi and hit it! to make it up chewy...I love Pritchett.

This year we'll run Pritchett again,then continue on and run behind the rock backwards,should make for an awesome day on the slickrock.

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #13
skyhiranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
Some great videos sir.Sure a beautiful area isn't it.Chewy is a tough climb! my first year there we would take the line you where trying.last year a big chunk of rock broke off right where you guys were putting your pass tire...no go! that s steep

jeff and I went all the way to the left and had to air down to 4psi and hit it! to make it up chewy...I love Pritchett.

This year we'll run Pritchett again,then continue on and run behind the rock backwards,should make for an awesome day on the slickrock.
Thanks.
Yeah, Chewy Hill was a bitch. Up until that point, I was trying to figure out why Pritchett Canyon was rated as a hard trail.
I am sure our stock wheelbase and apprehensiveness to go balls out, cost us on making that climb without winching. But I'd rather winch than flop and/or break. I'm still quite happy with the obstacles I was able to make in Pritchett, without winching.